
A few weeks ago, I went hiking with some friends in Bukhansan National Park which is in the north part of Seoul. We hiked all the way up a mountain, so it took most of the day. It was a lot of fun!

It was a pretty busy trail at some points. I was impressed by the endurance of elderly Koreans- they tend to be very fit.

Me, Claire, Danielle, and Peter at the top of the mountain. There was a light rain that day, so it was pretty foggy once we got to the top. I'm hoping to go again on a clearer day.

A beautiful view despite the fog.

This is a shot of World Cup Stadium in Seoul. I went with a big group and saw FC Seoul play for only 8 bucks. They won 3-0.


Peter and I enjoying reasonably priced beers at the game. This was the first time in my life I have bought a beer at a sporting event. In Korea, the price of a beer is the same at a sporting event, and you are even allowed to bring your own food and drinks into the stadium.
The game was very entertaining, but the crazy fans were even better. There were probably 18 different cheers that went on pretty much constantly throughout the game. A lot of them were tunes that I recognized but with Korean words, such as "If You're Happy And You Know It Clap Your Hands." I liked singing "If You're Happy And You Know It, Yabosayo!" instead.
This is a video I took of the celebration ritual after every goal by FC Seoul.
So far I have not left Seoul- It is huge, and I have found lots to do here in my free time. I also went to a baseball game and have found a place that rents bikes for free, so I have gone on long bike rides up the Han river. I'll post some pictures of these next time.

Awesome.
ReplyDelete