On the right is a shot from the baseball game I went to a few weeks ago. It wasn't as exciting as the soccer games I go to, but it was only 4 bucks. I found the fans interesting- they take their team very seriously.
This is some random street art I came across one day. It was actually an advertisement, but it was still pretty cool to watch him paint it on the ground.





Finally, a candy bar I recognize! Hey, wait a minute...
These are some shots of my new apartment! I complained to my school about my old one, because I didn't have a kitchen. I had a plug in burner, but no counter and no kitchen sink, which made it hard to cook for myself. One of the staff at my school called me a few days ago and told me he found a new apartment for me with a kitchen, so I moved in. It is on the same floor as my old one, so it only took an hour or so to move.
It is a bit bigger than the other one, and has a better view. The kitchen is tiny, but it is a kitchen, so I'm not complaining. It's actually a pretty nice apartment. The only downside is that the internet is much slower here, and I have to sit in the corner of my apartment to get it.
On the right is the view from my new apartment at night. I can actually slide the screen out and look straight down 11 stories... kinda scary.
This is a video I took from a temple at probably the highest point in Mok-dong. I love the view of the mountains to the north.

So all your students seem to have the same back-pack. Is that government-issued, or does some guy who loves green have a monopoly on the South Korean backpack market?
ReplyDeleteJustin
I love your blogs Paul! THe new place appears to be a vast improvement on the old one. :D I dunno about Korea, but when I took a Chinese history course at Western it was pretty clear that Chinese culture encourages parents to treat their boys as "little princes", so they get spoiled rotten while the girls are raised to be well-behaved little women. Doesn't sound too far off to me!
ReplyDeleteKathryn
Looks like a fun place Paul.
ReplyDeleteIt appears you have a sandwich maker...