This is my apartment. It's a little more furnished now that I've been here for a few weeks, but I'm still looking to get a few more things.
It's not that big, but I'm okay with it. I don't spend that much time at home anyway.
This is the view standing by the television. Notice the fish stickers on the wall on the right- the next tenant will have a hard time getting those off...
This is the view standing beside my bed. That green thing in the back is a washing machine. There are a lot of buttons on it, so I usually just push a few and it seems to work okay.
This is the bathroom- the sink is on the outside. It's my only sink, so I use it as a kitchen sink too, which kind of stinks. The shower is nice at least.
This is Peter, Danielle, and I at one of our favourite Korean restaurants in town. Peter and Danielle both work at my school, so I see them a lot. We often go out to eat after work.
This is my view from my window on the 11th floor.
This is the view from the 15th floor (where Peter lives) at night.
Out for dinner at a Thai restaurant with Peter, Danielle and Sue (another teacher at my work).
So far I am loving Seoul.
My work doesn't start until 2:30 p.m., so I usually have a lot of time in the morning (unless I sleep in really late). I have started playing tennis a few mornings a week, and I will probably be playing basketball soon too. It is really warm and humid here still, and there have been no signs that it will get colder yet, although I hear by the end of November there is usually a bit of snow.
I also go shopping sometimes in the morning. It takes 10 or 15 minutes to walk to the Homever, which is kind of like a wal-mart. It has clothes on one floor, electronics and home accesories on another, and restaurants and groceries on the bottom floor.
I have been told that people who start blogs when they go to an interesting place start out their blog very ambitiously, writing in it several times a week. Then they slowly go to a few times a month, until they stop completely. So maybe I'll just aim for once or twice a month.
That's it for now. Stay tuned for more.









hehehe... Paul Korea. Sweet blog. Glad to hear things are going well. We miss you, amigo.
ReplyDelete-Dave
hmmmm... apparently Blogger knows who I am and that I (apparently) still have a user name. Creepy.
ReplyDeleteHi Paul, this is your sister Rox. Thanks for the update. I'm glad you are enjoying yourself. Have you found a church to go to? You are in our thoughts.
ReplyDeletelove, Roxanne
The gradual disintegration of blog-keeping comes from one feeling obligated to craft custom letters to every important person in your life about what's been happening. Resist the temptation!
ReplyDeleteGood to see you're thriving over there, or are appearing to.
I like how you have a wayward belt in the middle of the floor in your appt pictures. I mean...everything else looks so organized except for that one belt. I could understand why it might be in one picture but one would think that after seeing the object that obviously doesn't belong, one would put it back in its place.
ReplyDelete