Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Kuala Lumpur & Singapore

I kind of forgot about my blog for awhile, and I haven't posted in several months, so I guess it's about time for an update.

I flew to Malaysia at the end of May for vacation. I posted some pictures on facebook, but as has been pointed out to me, not everyone has facebook. So here are some of the highlights:


Above is a picture from Batu Caves (just north of Kuala Lumpur) about halfway up the climb.

This is a picture from inside Batu Caves. It was pretty cool, but kind of a tourist trap.


This is the view of Kuala Lumpur from my hotel room. I could walk to the Petronas twin towers in about half an hour.



I met up with Peter in Kuala Lumpur on my second day. He was beginning a tour of southeast Asia, while I was just tagging along for the first week.


The Petronas Twin Towers look pretty spectacular at night.


Singapore was only a five hour bus ride away (and only about US$12). This is a picture of the hostel we stayed in for three nights.


This is a picture of Siloso beach on Sentosa island in Singapore, where every place starts with an S. Sentosa was my favourite part of the trip.


A random shot taken in Singapore. It was an amazingly clean, friendly, and pleasant city to visit.


Some Singaporeans riding Segways on Sentosa beach that made us laugh, since they were only travelling at walking speed and looked a bit ridiculous.


I found some beach volleyball players and talked my way into more a few games. Peter had a hard time convincing me to do anything else.


Sentosa was a cool place.


So I'm almost a month into my last 3 month term here in Seoul. I'm still deciding what I want to do next. I'm going to start looking online for jobs in Canada soon. I don't know what I want to do really, which makes it harder to look.

I'm planning on making a few more blog posts before my year here is up, so to all 3 of my readers, stay posted and I would love to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment