This post will include a bunch of random pictures I have been meaning to put up but they didn't really fit into the theme of my other posts.

This picture is from my trip to Sokcho (by Seoraksan National Park, on the east cost of South Korea) a few weeks ago. The sea creatures you see here are only a tiny fraction of the amount we saw while walking around the town- there were tens of thousands of them.

As you can probably guess, this is a shot from Halloween- most of the teachers dressed up in costumes. I made sure I looked Canadian.


This is an Oreo I got here. It was not an imitation, knock-off oreo-- this was the real thing. I was pretty disappointed with it.
I went to the Zoo a few weeks ago, so here are some of the highlights:

We took a gondola up to the zoo, which was a lot of fun. It gave a great aerial view of the park.


I have always loved tigers.

This was one creepy looking... I'm not sure what. It looks to me like it hasn't fully developed, but they all looked like that. Maybe a biology major who reads this post can help me.

This was the most obese toad I have ever seen. I don't think it could move.
"I made sure I looked Canadian"
ReplyDelete... by dressing up as a player for an American hockey team?
I realized that when I wrote that, and I wondered if anyone would call me on it. But Crosby is Canadian, just like half the league, even though he plays for an American team. I would argue that I still look very Canadian. :)
ReplyDeleteHey! I'm a biology major! I'll try and help you out Paul. It looks like that's a mud puppy. I don't know if it's mature yet, but they still look like that when they are mature. mud puppies are salamanders that stay aquatic their entire lives, so they don't ever lose those big gills that they have on the sides of their head. hope that helps :D
ReplyDeletePaul! I found your blog!! :) Lovely pictures - I'm so so proud/jealous/excited that you are doing this :)
ReplyDeleteEunice
and omg brandon you are awesome!
ReplyDeleteyou didnt need to try to look Canadian. it always came naturally to you. I miss you. GO CAPS!!
ReplyDeleteI agree with Paul, hockey is canadian, they invented it. Im also quite sure and as he said every player in the league is either canadian or russian. so his costume is very canadian (or russian, but the russians play for the caps, so its canadian). though I wonder why you attempt to dress up normal for halloween, a holiday of creative dress and imagination--normalcy doesnt make sense.
ReplyDeletei tried to make fun of brandon but i went into overload and couldnt make it, to much to joke about. sorry brandon.